Friday, February 19, 2010

I Am All Earrings…

It all started with this pair of silver and rice pearl earrings that P had gifted me not so long ago. And the goofball that I am. I thought I lost them!
IMG_5813Upon some active search and abstinence from the kitchen, I finally found them! Neatly kept away in a small medicine box.

Careless!

That’s when I decided they should go where they belong to! No, I had no intentions of wearing them. I am hardly a jewelry person. So, I spent a Friday afternoon “spring” cleaning my meager possession of jewelry at home, and look what I found!
IMG_5831 More earrings…IMG_5818 A pair of turquoise and ivory silver earrings from a Spanish fair.
IMG_5819 Kashmiri style hoops from India.IMG_5828 These are my favorites!IMG_5826 Something I don’t remember wearing in a long, long time…IMG_5830 These Bengali-style gold earrings probably look better on Mrs. Goose!IMG_5837And these are so notoriously heavy, my ears hurt. They sure need iron lobes!

But what I am currently raving about are the clip on silver earrings that Kajol wore in MNIK. Only if B can find them in Delhi, and get for me when she comes in the summers.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Beautiful! Your spring cleaning turned out into a wonderful treasure hunt :)

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Upon some active search and abstinence from the kitchen, I finally found them! Neatly kept away in a small medicine box. gemstone earrings manufacturers for wholesale