Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From India, with Love!

With family comes gifts and extra baggage space in the airlines for all the things you have been wanting to transport from “home”.

madhuThese Madhubani paintings were  bought by my husband and they were lying in New Delhi all these years. Finally, my dad-in-law got them with him!

And this is my new spice chest which my sister gifted me this time. IMG_9814 IMG_9815 spice 
These little terracotta frog and turtle go so well with my “money plant”.
frog

Did you see the Lakshmi that has newly arrived?
IMG_9811This was a wedding gift from a very favorite aunt. This again was lying in my in-law’s house in New Delhi and has arrived with my sister and brother-in-law since they had lots of extra baggage space.
lakshmiI am yet to find a niche for this carved on wood Lakshmi. But till that time she is sitting with my two Italian stone owls and a set of books.

9 comments:

Rajni said...

Nice stuff :)..loved the Ram and Sita Madhubani painting...

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Beautiful

GB said...

Ooh I love getting prezzies (esp. from India) Lovely treasures indeed!! have fun with your sister and brother in law...hope you're getting plenty of TLC!

:)

Unknown said...

Wow!! Pree, the treasure chest is awesome and so is Laxmi.

Sharon said...

Lovely stuff...you must be soo happy with them~ I almost picked up a similar spice chest...regretting not having bought it, now:(

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Can see you are as happy with your guest as the things they brought with them. :) Enjoy.

Shivani Negi said...

loved the stuff..well i too have the treasure chest. and i have used it to store my earing/jewelery moreover to hide away from my sweet little daughter..-:)LOL

? said...

Lucky you!:-)

Bong Mom said...

You have got a house full of people or whaat ?

Loved the painting, the Lakshmi and the cute spice chest