Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade Tandoori Wings on Handmade Platter

This post can be a little confusing. I am not sure if the Tandoori Wings were better or the Platter I made at Pottery School is. I’ll let you decide. Please do not be biased.

IMG_2882  IMG_2881 IMG_2878

Okay now, its time to focus on the Tandoori Wings. I used the little dip bowl for some fresh salad.

IMG_2905 IMG_2883 IMG_2892 Do you notice the Indian motifs on the edges? They were hand-pressed with hand carved wooden blocks (used for fabric usually).

I also love the warm green I have used on the outer ring. The only thing that I am not too happy about is the color of the little bowl, which I slipped, scored and attached to the plate. I was experimenting with the under-glaze and it hasn’t turned out the way I had visualized it to be.

IMG_2887 But you live to learn…

IMG_2897 Hopefully my next chip and dip platter will be perfect. Handmade and perfect? Quite an oxymoron. The joke with my platter inauguration with my husband now is, now you can serve food in what you handmade!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

excellent Pree. Both the wing and the plate.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

wow... love both the wings and plate...

Sassy Fork said...

lovely Pree!

GB said...

OOh. Here's a thought (when the next "perfect chip n dip platter" comes along, you can get rid of this one, I'll get rid of it for you, very gladly. Okay? Don't forget. I'll dispose off this one *she says with a beady eyed smile*)

I love it pree, love the border you put in, I can only imagine the texture there.......

Also love the fact that there are going to be more platters coming out that oven. I'm calling dibs on one at least!!!

GB said...

Just clarifying....I'm NOT talking food here for once...

GB said...

tho' that chicken does look good.....

ishmi said...

Wow...I will only reiterate what I have said earlier..you are a very talented woman, Pree! You go girl!

Arundhuti said...

I loved both !

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Loved the platter Pree..it's too good for a beginner !

sangeeta said...

Lovely creation ... i mean the platter. i'd dump the food to have this platter :)

Loved it with flowers ...

Kamini said...

Already told you I love the platter. The colors are simply lovely. No comment on the wings from a veghead like me.....but I am sure it must be as divine!

Priya Suresh said...

Beautiful platter..

Tandoori wings are truly irresistible and very inviting..

My Kitchen Antics said...

i think they are both amazing:)

Sound Horn Please said...

You pot too! Amazing! If you think the platter isn't perfect, I'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

Unknown said...

the platter is beautiful...i can see someone is really enjoying her pottery classes...lots of luck

notyet100 said...

it looks very good....