Thursday, December 09, 2010

Sweet Cinnamon Brown

I know good food does not necessarily create good mood. But good colors. And smells? Like the warm, sweet smell of cinnamon. Aren’t you glad God gave you a nose.

IMG_3503When this same sensuous warmth transcends to gooey cinnamon rolls, I also thank God that she gave me a mouth to taste and savor the stickiness Cinnamon Rolls bring with them. IMG_3515
Cinnamon is one of the greatest spices the merchants found in the barks of a tree. The Holiday season is just an excuse for me to become a part of a ritual called cinnamon, and give in to this picker upper spice in any form.

Even incarnating my newly-glazed free flowing bowl in the same color!

IMG_3492_1 IMG_3497 IMG_3495Because I am a bad baker, I stick to ready-to-bake indulgence. Today was a box of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.
IMG_3501 IMG_3502
The easy substantiality of an under-30 minute baked delight with my favorite spice, cascading icing and toasted pecans in each more-ish mouthful, reinstates my faith in Nature’s bounty. Cheers to its colors and flavors.

IMG_3511
For pictures of my pottery work, click here.

13 comments:

Satrupa said...

Love the clicks ..... beautifully captured. Cinnamon Rolls are a fav of mine too ..... N the free flowing bowl is choo cute. I wish I could own one.

And yeah Thank God for everything ... Nose to Smell and Mouth to relish .... yumm.

Cheers,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

Dont laugh when I say that I associate cinnamon with sensuality...there is something about its smell which is a big turn on :) I love the pot you have made and what the heck..made frm scratch or store bought--those rolls look delectable.

GB said...

Your bowl looks yumm, as do the rolls. Love your santa jars.

PS: did you know that this cinnamon is very different from Indian cinnamon? Read all about it here:

http://madteaparty.wordpress.com/2007/05/21/kahva-no-ordinary-cup-of-tea-and-a-quiz/#more-521

Treat and Trick said...

Hi Pree,

Thanks for stopping by my site. I love cinnamon rolls too, yours looks pretty with pecan on top..

Unknown said...

oh they look divine...I love cinnamon and like it in my coffee or hot chocolate...every winter night:) The bowl is so pretty.

sulagna said...

ohhh the pictures itself look so beautiful...i am sure the home must be smelling divine..ekdom apartment therapy hoye gechilo bodhdaye :)

sangeeta said...

I love home the homemade goodness of cinnamon rolls ... the bowl looks beautiful n so do the rolls.

the couple that cooks said...

pree recipe ta kothay ?? khujte paarchi na toh :(

Priya Suresh said...

Cinnamom rolls looks soooo beautiful..Gorgeous clicks..

Scribbler :) said...

the bowl is to die for. and the cinnamon rolls are to live for. Now you got me confused :(

Sharmila said...

Jah baba ... packet er opore recipe toh ache ... shetai likhe dao na ... dekhe je khub khete icche korche :-(
Icing ta nischoi tumi korecho? Recipe dao, recipe dao. :-)

aipi said...

I would love to eat approximately ten of these. That glaze just looks luscious!

US Masala

Susan said...

I don't care if you popped them out of a Pillsbury tube or box - they look marvelous. I can imagine the heavenly fragrance of cinnamon floating from the oven. That this is convenience food matters not. : }